Die casting is recognized as one of the most economical and quick-to-form processes in the industrial sector. Some of the advantages this process provides include the mass production of different kinds of products.
In this process, liquid metal is pressed into a mould at a high filling speed and under high pressure. The most popular materials considered by a die casting manufacturer include metals that have a low melting point. The result is the large-scale production of complex components that are characterized by low wall thickness.
Employing the services of a good die casting manufacturer is crucial to achieving your production or industrial objective. Choosing the right supplier for your firm may be a challenge.
To help streamline your decision-making process, here are 5 criteria to keep in mind when selecting a die casting manufacturer!
5 Quick Considerations for Selecting a Die Casting Manufacturer
Keeping these 5 tips in mind can help you make a selection that is most aligned with your organization’s objectives and interests.
1. Complete Solution Provider
It is critical to find a supplier who is not limited to providing raw casting parts. A good provider will be able to deliver products that can directly go into your final assembly line. This may include painted, polished, or machined components that are individually created and refined.
A good die casting manufacturer will be able to create excellent simulations on a monitor screen. These simulations will help you see how the mould is filled during production. A crucial part of the simulation is that defective areas can be immediately identified. This allows you to take corrective measures well in advance in the next step of the production process.
3. Quality of Machinery
A state-of-the-art die casting manufacturer will have high-quality machinery that is designed to cut the exact shape in hot die steel. The right kinds of machines will be able to cut with very close tolerances. As a result, the final product will not require too much machining and will be of high quality.
It is also important to note that different kinds of products will require different sizes of die casting machines. This is based on the weight and projected area of the final product. It is also necessary to therefore find a supplier that has a wide variety of machines.
4. Right Kind of Material
Creating a mould or die requires an excellent air ventilation system that can produce sound casting. A good die or mould is a significant contributor to the quality and number of products created. For example, a die casting of HPDC can produce almost 100,000 workable products. It is therefore important to select the right material that can withstand the continuous processing of 100,000 deliverables.
5. Final Surface Treatment
As the last part of the production process, a good die casting manufacturer will ensure your products receive adequate surface treatment. This is primarily done via painting or powder-coating and significantly improves the aesthetic, reduces the effects of oxidation, and covers any defects.
Keeping these 5 considerations in mind can help you find a casting die manufacturer that will be aligned with your interests and goals. Be sure to do your research thoroughly before making a commitment to ensure you are equipped and prepared for the next part of the deal-finalizing process.
Understanding the advantages of the die casting process with regard to your production requirements can also help you make a structured decision (taking into consideration all relevant factors).
Keep reading to discover the advantages of die casting!
Advantages of Die Casting – What You Should Know
Die casting is one of the most economical and efficient processes in the industry that offer a broad range of shapes for different components (unlike other manufacturing techniques).
The parts produced by die-casting also have a long service life and can be designed in a manner so as to complement the aesthetic appeal of the overall product.
Understanding the advantages of the die-casting process can help you make a wise decision before engaging in a financial commitment.
Some of the excellent benefits of the die-casting process include:
- The die-casting process allows the creation and production of complex shapes that are well within the closer tolerances range of other mass production processes.
- Die-casting also allows significantly high rates of production, with the advantage of minimal machining or machinery components.
- An excellent advantage of the die casting process is the production of parts that are dimensionally stable, have a high-quality appearance and feel, and are extremely durable.
- Die castings can also be produced with thinner walls as compared to castings produced by other methods. The final product is also significantly stronger than plastic injection mouldings that are of the same dimensions.
- Without any additional tooling, die casting dies can produce thousands of different identical castings within a specified range of tolerances.
- Another advantage of the die casting process is that it can produce surfaces that are designed to simulate a wide variety of textures.
- Die-cast surfaces are also significantly smoother than other forms of castings such as investment processes, permanent moulds, and sand.
- The corrosion resistance of die-casted alloys ranges from good to extremely high.
- Die castings are additionally monolithic. This means they combine many different functions in one shaped, complex part. Because the die castings do not contain separate parts, the strength of the material is also significantly higher.
While the advantages of the die casting process are plenty, understanding the disadvantages involved can help you determine the next course of action.
For instance, alloys and metals that have a high melting point cannot be applied in the die casting process. Additionally, any gases that are trapped in the mould can result in porosity.
When choosing your die casting manufacturer, it is important to ensure that all quality criteria are met. Do your research and consider discussing the quality of products and services with prior clientele. This can help you determine if the manufacturer is suitable for your requirements or not. All relevant information should be available on the official website of the manufacturer.